Redolent: having a strong, pleasant odor.
As in, “Baking 547 Christmas cookies for presents left our apartment smelling downright redolent and awakened my husband's inner cookie monster.”
Real talk: yes, I did bake that many cookies and let’s be honest, Scott doesn’t have an inner cookie monster that slumbers. It’s always awake, but then, so is mine. Who else is having a food baby in the new year? Mmm hm. I’m just saying, juiced carrots are not what I would call redolent.
Oh, and in case anyone wants to know where I get my recipes from:
- Salted (Bacon) Chocolate Chips: use this recipe and add 10 strips of bacon for each batch. I cook it (the bacon), crumble it, scoop the dough and refrigerate, then roll the dough in the bacon before baking.
- Soft Gingersnaps. These were new this year, but a total hit.
- Salted Mudslides (one of my favorites).
- Chewy Lemon Cookies, a nice palate cleanser.
- And the original Brown Butter and Sea Salt Chocolate Chips.
Who’s got cookies recommendations for next year’s list? Lay em on me!
PS: watercolor visual vocabularies are what happens when I’m on vacation and don’t want to sit at my computer. Then I defeat the purpose of that by going and making it into a gif.